The update also comes with a few other improvements: the compass-based map rotation is now much smoother and Facebook and Twitter can be used again to authenticate to the Where To? community for posting location reviews.
We also added support for a bunch of public transport apps:
- RTA TripPlanner (Chicago, 🇺🇸)
- Traveline SW (South West England and 🇬🇧)
- Journey Plan (🇮🇪)
- MVV (Munich, 🇩🇪)
- Basel & Regio (Nordwestschweiz 🇨🇭, Alsace 🇫🇷, Südbaden 🇩🇪)
- DING (Ulm, Neu-Ulm, Biberach, Alb-Donau-Kreis, 🇩🇪)
- PaderSprinter (Paderborn, 🇩🇪)
- Rheinbahn (Rhein/Ruhr region, 🇩🇪)*
- AVV.mobil (Augsburg, 🇩🇪)*
- Bayern-Fahrplan (Bayern, 🇩🇪)*
- bodo (Bodensee region, 🇩🇪)*
- FahrPlan+ (Freiburg, 🇩🇪)*
- MV fährt gut (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, 🇩🇪)*
- naldo (Neckar-Alb-Donau, 🇩🇪)*
- öV-LIVE (Luzern, Zentralschweiz, 🇨🇭)*
- Verkehr-BS (Braunschweig, 🇩🇪)*
- VGN Fahrplan & Tickets (Nürnberg, 🇩🇪)*
- VPECompanion (Pforzheim-Enzkreis, 🇩🇪)*
*) Was supported in previous releases except when running iOS 11.1 or newer. Now works under all iOS versions.
Where To? 10.8 now requires iOS 11. We had to cut off older iOS releases because iOS 11 changed a lot of things under the hood, mainly to support the iPhone X. Maintaining support for older iOS releases would have been a huge amount of work – work that we rather put into adding new features! Luckily, already 86% of Where To? users are on iOS 11 already – and that’s the number from two weeks ago. So I hope this isn’t a big deal for most of you.
So without further ado, grab the update from the App Store! (And if you like the update, I’d love if you send us a ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ review as a Xmas present!)