Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you launch the App, search for local businesses, post reviews or use other features of the App.
When searching for local businesses using the App, you’ll be asked to allow access to your contacts. This allows the app to search at a contact’s location; we only use the postal address of selected contacts to determine the location; no other contact information is accessed.
In order to create an account, needed for posting ratings and reviews, you are asked for the name and:
- the email address and a password or
- the Facebook ID or
- the Twitter ID.
You may, however, use the App anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to us. You can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain App related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect information from your mobile device, including but not limited to the following:
- Location Information that allows us to periodically determine your location, including your location relative to and within third party merchant locations (as long as you permit access to location services).
- Device and Usage Information that may include (i) information specific to your mobile device (e.g., make, model, operating system, device identifier and similar information); (ii) information about your use of features, functions, or notifications on the device; (iii) signal strength relating to WiFi or Bluetooth functionality, temperature, battery level, and similar technical data; and (iv) technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as the IP address or Internet service providers utilized. We may collect this information even if you are not logged in to the application.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use the information to provide you with information when you enter participating local venues, to operate and improve our services, to provide user and other support, including to our third-party business partners, and to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
How we protect your information
Sharing your personal information
We share the information we collect with third-party business partners who commit to comply with applicable laws concerning their usage of the information. Our third-party business partners may share the information with their own third party business partners and use the information either for themselves or on behalf of their own business partners to:
- Operate and improve their services;
- Provide you with advertisements and information for products and services in this app or on other apps or websites based on variables such as your location, and assess your level of engagement with them; and
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Third party websites
Users may find sponsored results or other content in our App that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our App. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our App or our website, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this App, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not download our App. Your continued use of the App following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on April 27, 2014