Apple highlights Where To? as iPhone App Of The Week!
FutureTap has announced that Where To? has been picked by Apple as iPhone App Of The Week in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The app is also being featured on the US App Store home page as well as in most countries worldwide.
Having sold more than 300,000 copies, Where To? is the most successful local search app on the App Store. The recently updated Where To? 3.7 shows business hours of the destination. A compass-like arrow always points the user in the right direction. It also links the destination to Google Earth and U.S. turn-by-turn navigation app MotionX GPS drive.
- New app version: Where To? 3.7
- Local Search for the iPhone
- Finds 2,400+ brands in 700+ categories
- Exhibits locations on a map or in list format
- Augmented Reality: Local search results superimposed onto the live camera video
- NEW: Shows business hours of destination
- NEW: Directional arrow on detail page
- NEW: Linking of destination to Google Earth
- NEW: Supports MotionX GPS drive for directions in the U.S./Canada
- NEW: Improved VoiceOver support for the visually impaired
- NEW: Added localization for Brazilian Portuguese
- Link: http://www.futuretap.com/whereto
“We’re thrilled being honored by Apple this way”, says Ortwin Gentz, FutureTap CEO and Where To? lead developer. “We have more exciting features to share soon.”
Pricing and Availability:
Where To? 3.7 is only $2.99 US (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively on the App Store under the “Navigation” category. The Where To? 3D Augmented Reality module may be tested free of charge for 30 days and can subsequently be unlocked via In App Purchase ($0.99 US). Where To? is winner of the 2009 and 2010 “Best App Ever” awards in the “Best Travel App” category.
Screenshot App of the Week: