This policy applies to all information collected or submitted in the Streets app for iOS and watchOS and on the Streets website (streetsapp.net).
Information we collect
Streets accesses the following privacy-relevant information, only if you grant the respective permission:
- Location: Streets accesses your user location only while the app is in use for the following features:
- to search for the nearest panorama (by tapping the “locate-me” button)
- to display your current address
- to search for the “Nearest Gallery Place” (3D Touch Shortcut on app icon)
- to sort places by distance to your user location in the Apple Watch app
- Contacts: If permitted, Streets also searches for contact names when you enter a term in the search field. We only use the postal address of selected contacts to determine the location (“Geocoding”). No other contact information is accessed. Streets does not copy your address book or uses it for fingerprinting purposes but only geocodes addresses you select from the search results.
- Photos: Streets can save panorama images in your photo library. You can also drag images from your photo library into Streets to find nearby panoramas. Streets does not access your photo library in any other way and does not save any photos from your library.
You can revoke any of these permissions at any time in the iOS Settings app (under “Privacy” or under “Streets” at the root level).
The App accesses basic device information such as the model and the OS version, and the “vendor device identifier”. The value of this identifier is the same for apps that come from the same vendor (such as FutureTap) running on the same device. A different value is returned for apps on the same device that come from different vendors, and for apps on different devices regardless of vendor. We use this information to optimize the display of in-app notifications such as update alerts, eg. to display such alerts only once per device and version.
We use the collected information to operate and improve our website, apps, and customer support.
We do not share personal information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to accomplish Streets’ functionality.
We may disclose your information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal requirements; to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, violations of our policies; or to protect our rights and property.
In the future, we may sell to, buy, merge with, or partner with other businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
In the tutorial, you can subscribe to the FutureTap newsletter. If you want to subscribe to the newsletter, we need your email address. Optionally you can also specify a name. For legal reasons we require the double opt-in procedure where we send you a confirmation email that is used to prove whether the owner of the e-mail address is authorized to receive the newsletter. During the registration for the newsletter, we also store your current IP address, as well as the date and time of the registration. The collection of this data is necessary in order to understand the (possible) misuse of the e-mail addresses at a later date, and it therefore serves the aim of our legal protection. The consent to the storage of personal data, the email address and their usage for the sending of newsletters may be revoked at any time, by using the “Unsubscribe” link in any newsletter.
We implement a variety of security measures to help keep your information secure. For instance, all communication with the app and website uses HTTPS.
This document was last updated on June 22, 2018